I had a great opportunity last night to mingle with the women in my ward at church. The meal was delish but it was the company that I found to most indulging. You see the reilef society program is filled with strong, inspiring, happy, hard working, loving and fun women. So as I sat at the table and participated in conversations about books we should read to whipping cream. I felt a sense of happiness to get a further glimpse into their lives.
Two weeks ago as I sat and listened to womens conference I felt so uplifted so strengthen and so ready to give a little more of mysef. Sister Barbara Thopmson had this to say in regards to releif society." I know that as Emma encouraged, we can do something extraordinary today. We can be a righteous army of women armed with love, compassion, kindness, service and faith. We can be a mighty force for good in this world.
So as I sat their last night and enjoyed the company, I also had an opprotunity to share my feelings on my relationsip with the savior and what I do to strengthen it. This was truely a great time for me to reflect on my life. Can I just say it really allowed me a chance to understand the Saviors hand in all things, and gave me a greater understanding of his love for me; and how he has helped me to learn and grow in so many ways if I am willing to listen to the promptings of the spirit and strive to be an instrument in his hands. I know that because of him I have learnt to give of myself to others to find joy in being a part of others lives. I also know that he has sent little Angles into my life to help me at the very hour that I have needed them. Thankyou I think you all know who you are.
So I must say that being a women and being a women who is part of such a wonderful organization is a joy to me.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment