This last week was full of much enetertainment for our little family. It started off with the parade in Bountiful. It was very impressive and my two little ones were so good standing and waving and excited to get candy. Charlotte received her first gift from a boy ( it was a bear that was being handed out at the parade and a boy who received two gave one to her). We then headed home to get Daddy and headed to Beaver.
It was a late night and an early rise as I decided last year that I would run the Beaver 24th 5k run. Even though I have had in my headed for a year didn't prevent me from procrastinating my training for it. So that morning I head over with my father in-law( David) and my sister in laws ( Tiffany, Jenny and Amy). I did finish the race and it was something to be their with family and share the experience. Plus I knew that Jeff and the kids would be near the end to cheer me on.
We then go home and clean up to go down to main street to watch the parade. plenty of candy, sqeeky cheese (mmmm mmm), popsicles and toys. At the end the fire engine comes a sprays everyone ( who is willing). Then down to the park we head to put the kids in foot races, jump in the jumping castle and get a snow cone. After the park we ventured over to the Beaver museum. Beleive it or not but Beaver is rich in history. It is something to read about Jeff's family. Then we eat yummy hamburgers, root beer, chips and jello salad. That evening the Baldwin family reunion began and we sat in the back yard all 40 or so of us and watched fireworks.
Friday we had a huge breakfast then headed over to the baseball park and played football and soccor. The kids played too and had an egg and spoon race, made bracletes, went down a huge slip and slid ( thank you to whom ever came up with that neat idea my kids love it). We ate a ton then had a drawing for a gift lottery ( great way to raise money for the baldwin reunion). We then headed over to the pool.
Saturday was golf and I joined Jeff , Charles and Anthony for their team. We had chris be our little caddy ( you should see this kid drive a golf cart, impressive). I manged to not be a complete hinderance to the team and was able to contribute. this is quite the feate for someone who dosen't golf. We had fun though. Later that afternoon we took the kids to go see "kung fu Panda" at the local thearter that just reopened (hope that it can continue on). That night we spent relaxing and chatting.
Saturday was golf and I joined Jeff , Charles and Anthony for their team. We had chris be our little caddy ( you should see this kid drive a golf cart, impressive). I manged to not be a complete hinderance to the team and was able to contribute. this is quite the feate for someone who dosen't golf. We had fun though. Later that afternoon we took the kids to go see "kung fu Panda" at the local thearter that just reopened (hope that it can continue on). That night we spent relaxing and chatting.
Sunday we went to church where Amy gave her farewell talk for her mission. She is headed for Argentina. We are so proud of her and the great example and wonderful aunt she is. Her talk was so neat, she shared experiences on how she gain her testimony. I have really enjoyed the opportunity i have had since I became a part of this family; to watch Amy from being a little teenager growing into this strong woman. Her testimony is powerful. We are going to miss having her around.You see this girl really has gone out of her way to make sure she stays in touch. Amy stops by to visit when ever she is heading our direction and she really has a way with connecting with Caleb and Charlotte.
So now we are back but we come back with this time of experience that helps us to keep perpsective, realise our connections and that these are the people that mold us and love us through it all. It's something to step out of the every day, it's like you get to come back renewed and realise more of your potential and understand the blessings in your life.

No comments:
Post a Comment