Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Brag Rag











My inspiration for doing this, is solely based on the question that we are all ask on a regular basis. So what have you been up to? I find myself responding to this with oh not much, just busy with the kids or I don't know but I know I've been busy. So with this in mind I felt like sharing what I have been up to. These are the things that I have found self satisfaction in. First and foremost, is being mum and wife to my family is the number one thing that brings me the most joy and reaps the biggest rewards. Secondly is the obssesion I have with self acheiement and creating. So over the last month I finally finished Charlottes scrapbook (2yrs later,but it is finished), I repainted an old book shelf so we could finally get books out of boxes, I played around with a skirt design and hence Charlotte gets a new Easter skirt, I decided that it might be better for the kids to sleep in our room so we switch places and then I had to paint our room ( this I did with help from the whole family) and I made a quilt for Kates baby (Thomas) who we look forward to meeting when he arrives.
So now when I feel the fool for telling someone that I haven't been doing much I now know that I can look back at this blog and remeber just what is is that I have been busy with. I know that in the end it doesn't matter what I might say, more importantly it's more for myself to realize that I have accomplshed something.

5 comments:

Tracey Fam said...

Love it! You are soooooooooo creative! So I am a quilter, very novice! Would you mind sending me a picture of the whole quilt? I would love to see the pattern. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I love hearing what "you've been up to"!

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

I agree with Natalie! It is fun to see what you are up to... since you are always making amazing things!! I wish we lived closer so I could talk you into teaching me a little bit...I love the skirt, and I love love the quilt! So cute...
I actually got a tiny bit of scrapbooking done for Luke's album recently...I would love to do some sewing! Soon!

jen said...

You have been busy! What a cute idea for a quilt. I am feeling like I have no creativity lately, so it is good to see refreshing ideas.

Kate and Robbie said...

WHOSE QUILT IS THAT???? Oh yea....IT's MINE!!!! I have the cutest baby bedding thanks to you! Out of this world to be precise! You amaze me with your mind and ability to put it on paper and make it! You kinda make me sick.