We finally had real warm weather, warm enough to play in water. Yes I know we were not at the beach but it was the next best thing for our kids. Who would have thought that a hose and a blow up pool could bring such delight, it was priceless. So yesturday was a day of relaxation and fun spent mostly in the back yard. Jeff dug up some more ugly bushes to make room for a strawberry patch. He also provided the water entertainment. Caleb and Charlotte had a delightful time running back and forth through the water and splashing each other. Their were plenty of giggles and smiles. I bake some yummy banana bread and made salad sandwiches with lemonade and we relax in the back and chattered and filled our bellies with yummy food. Caleb had Jeff and I share stories from when we were little. This is a favourite of our kids to ask what we did when we were little, it really is something to share yourself ( as a child) with your own children. This weekend had me feeling very blessed to a part of my precious family.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Well that sounds like a perfect Saturday if you ask me! I wish we had that life...Student/apartment life is getting OLD FAST...I would love to have a yard to dig around in, and a place for kids to play and splash, it was raining and cold here! Still is all this week, so I am jealous! I wish we were there!
That is cute about caleb wanting to know about your childhoods... smart kid!
Love the change of wardrobe for the second act. :)
How fun! What a great day. The kids are so cute and growing up so quickly. Give them a hug from us.
Yeah, you guys deserve some warm weather finally! Have you heard any scoop on the house and the farmer's market? Keep me posted!
Post a Comment