Monday, July 6, 2009

Private room at LDS hospital


It seems that we are to have health class this year and I hope that 'Staph infection' is our last lesson. Jeff was out gardening one day and got a little yes a very little scratch on his elbow but did not disenfect it. It was five days later when he felt a little tired and thought he might be getting the flu, so headed off to youth conference on thursday thinking a little rest will help my dear hubby. It was not to be, late friday night I call home only to find out that his brother had taken him to the LDS hopsital to admit him. Home I go to be with my hubby and family, I must say though that we are fortunate that we only had to deal with this and nothing more we have far more empathy towards those families who constanly spent time in hospital with far more critical circumstances. I did my best over the next five days with Caleb and Charlotte to make this a positive experience so each time we visited the hospital to see daddy we fisrt stopped at the gift store to purchse a treat and then head up to the room and take daddy on a walk. Through all this I must say how grateful I am to friends and family for increadable help we recieved that eased the burden tremendiously. I know that their are angels among us and I felt much peace during what could've been a far more hectic week. I was just so pleased to have Jeff home after five days in hospital, he was able to read a few books, eat,sleep ,watch a bunch of movies sleep eat sleep, I am sure this helped him so as to enable his body to heal in the way in needed to. Jeff is well now and back to his regular work schedule and is really looking forward to playing basketball again, only when he gets the ok from nurse Victoria.

1 comment:

Julie Church said...

We are glad you are better too!