Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Food Glorious food.


So I have to admit we probably eat spaggetti every week. I love it and as we all know it's simple and quick. Something I realize is a needful thing when you want to do your best as Mum to cook a nice meal every night for your family. So this is my weekly fall back.
Fortunatly my children and Husband have grown to love this meal with me.

Part of the reason for this weekly event is my inability to decide on a good recipe book for about eight years I have struggled in making this deciscion. So I am putting my inability in the hands of my trusty friends. If you have a great recipe book (good especially for meals), I would love to hear any suggestions. If I have asked you in the past don't be offended as my mind is like a sift at times, so if I didn't write it down it it lost in my mind somewhere.

4 comments:

Julie Church said...

One of our weekly rituals is pork chops. They are soooooo EASY!
Preheat oven to 400. Put your large frying pan on high heat. Put in a little bit of oil to coat the botton of the pan. Salt and pepper one side of your pork chops, put them seasoned side down in the pan. Salt and pepper the other side. Pan seer the chops until they are a lovely brown on both sides. PLace them on the broiler pan in the oven. Cook for 20 Minutes. You are done. We usually serve this with some version of potatoes or rice-a-roni and a veg. Hope this helps!

Pamela said...

Ok so I rarely buy cookbooks because I like to search recipes out and put them in my own recipe book that I am compiling. Williams and Sonoma has the best cookbooks! There are two books that I do have and use a lot. The Betty Crokers's Cookbook-Bridal Edition is awesome. It has all sorts of picture lessons on prepering and cutting meats and baking equivilants and substitues and much more. It is the best all around reference, a must have. My other absolute favorite is Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker by Beth Hensperger. She has amazing recipes for the crock-pot like curry and all sorts of increddible dishes. She has desserts and appetizeers and soups and side dishes. I like it because it is not the usual potatoes ansd cream soup recipes you usually see.

jen said...

Victoria,

You can't go wrong with allrecipes.com. I find everything there. In fact I found a recipe for wonderful spaghetti sauce. Yes, I make my own spaghetti sauce. Wes and I eat pasta about 2times a week. The site is free, but it is seriously so much fun. If you haven't checked it out already, you should.

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

I love looking at all the cooking blogs... if you go to my site on the side is a huge list...Then I can hear about the little things and see pictures of what it looks like! I have a recipe box, I find something I love I write it down and put it in there... that is my best cookbook, I have a ton of books but honestly I use them next to never... Joy of Cooking has good pointers though for big stuff or how to Prepare something to be made I check there first... but that is it..... Good luck!