Thursday, June 26, 2008

Chalk artists




I just love those mornings when life runs smoothly and my sweet dear little ones shine in their behavior and abilties. This was what transpired on tuesday morning. I woke up and went about my morning routine of breakafast and cleaning up around the house before I hit the sewing machine, then I realise I can't hear my little ones. I wonder for a moment, what could they be up to. So I head down stairs and peek my head out the sliding doors to see them happily playing with chalk and chatting with each other. As soon as they see me they ask me if I could trace them. I head over and begin tracing as I'm almost done I look down and see just how much they are growing.


Later that morning Charlotte is explaining to me how old she is. As she point to her knees she says "one year" points to her chest " two years" points to the top of her head and says " three years".


Caleb this morning watching as I am cleaning the floors asks if he can help. So I put him in charge of cleaning the hallway. As I pass him I can see his happy face as he diligently works to get the job done.


Oh it's something when you stop for a moment and realise how fun life really is.

2 comments:

Groff Family said...

So fun! Camden loves playing with sidewalk chalk right now too, although it is mainly just scribbles. How great that your little Caleb wants to help clean...I am looking forward to that day!

Julie Church said...

I love days like this when I feel like all is well with the world. When the biggest of life challenges is to keep myself from tearing up at how amazing my kids are. I would have more of these days if I would take time to notice.