Their is magic in the air this time of the year and I am truelly enjoying this evening with the christmas music playing the children are quietly watching christmas movies, and I am able to take a moment to relax before I begin the chrismas baking tommorrow. The light snow out side just adds to ambience of this night. When i was a little girl I remeber coming in from swimming and laying on atop of my towel under the christmas tree and fixing my eyes on the beautiful colored lights on our tree. The smell of the pine the smell of minced pies, the classic christmas song playing and the chatter in the back round stired feelings in me of happiness and excitment for the special day that was to come. This year with our children we have tried to create some quiet moments to talk about what makes this a special time of year and to help them feel of the special spirit that surrounds this festive season. Every day we have read from our advent calendar, tried to do a kind deed for another, read from the book 'The childs christmas" about victorian traditions, talked about santa claus oh about 20 times a day and made a little craft or bake a special treat to celebrate the birth of our savior and hopefully to instill in them the meaning of the season. We hope that you all have an especially magical christmas surounded by the people you love.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment